What it is…
Responsive Web Design is where the content of a website is responsively adapted to display optimally on all screen sizes. Regardless if the user is on a desktop computer, a smartphone, or a tablet, the site’s layout will automatically adjust so it remains user-friendly.
Why does your business need it?
A responsive website has more scope of attracting foot traffic and being accessed by potential users than a non-responsive one. Typically, your website is the first point of acquaintance and interaction that your customers have with your business. As a business owner, you spend a great deal of time, energy and money in developing an attractive, functional and easy-to-navigate website that highlights your company’s products/services.
At the same time, you want your website to look consistent, whether on a PC or a tablet or a small mobile screen. You should not have to compromise on design quality or the amount of information presented to your users. Your website should be able to look complete and up-to-date and provide all relevant information to your users on the go.
Internet search habits have changed. People now research products/services online before purchasing. Just take a look at these statistics:
- 71% of the Irish population own a Smartphone.
- 82% have researched a Product/Service on their Smartphone.
- 36% made a purchase via their Smartphone.
- 264% more media tablets were sold than notebooks and desktops combined in December 2012 in Ireland.
- The number of smartphone/tablet users increased to 2,387,125 up 14% on last year.
(Source: RedC, GfK)
- Save time and money on managing website content
- Google SEO bonus for Responsive Sites
- Search Engines just love responsive sites and rank them better as a result
- Works on all browsers & devices now and in the future
Is Responsive Design Expensive?
The notion that making a responsive website is expensive is just that, a notion. The fact is, while the cost to make a responsive website is somewhat more than making a conventional website, the time and money saved on expenses to duplicate a website for mobile and other devices gets completely eliminated. As a result – that cuts total development costs, significantly. In addition to that, a responsive design cuts the total ownership cost, by means of taking away the effort to maintain different versions of a website i.e. a “desktop-version”, a “mobile-version”. Thus, in the long term, investing in responsive website design is the smartest decision.
Other benefits of having a responsive web design include:
- Display a complete and consistent website on different screen size
- Reach out to a much wider market – new demographics and more customers.
- Have more control over your website’s look and feel.
- Maintain your brand recognition.
- Do away with the need to constantly develop new web layouts to stay in tune with changing technology of handheld devices
- Be open for business 24x7
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly you may be missing out on potential customers. E-commerce sites can’t afford not to catch users shopping across multiple devices. As the number of devices, platforms and browsers grow, the importance of responsive website design strengthens.
At a time when people are searching the web on multiple devices, responsive website design is more important than ever before. It’s a trend that’s becoming a standard and your business may be left behind if you don’t make the switch.
Why Choose Us?
The need for responsive web design represents a shift that we’re proud to be leading. We understand the importance of having a website that responds effortlessly to any device in order to enhance a user’s experience. We’re a Galway based company that specialise in responsive web design and online. If you own an e-commerce site, website or are looking to get your business online and increase your audience, consider responsive website design from JEF Media.